Wednesday 9 September 2009

Maximus Corruptus

Worth a read even if you dont live in the United States.

Maximus Corruptus: "

As most of you know I decided to go to Prague for the summer. To do so I had to sell my projector, ps3 and my car. To sell the car I took it to the car wash to get it detailed and then I sold it 2 days later.


Now the day I went to get the car wash my registration was expired. Seriously it shouldn’t have mattered as I was selling it and leaving the country and was never going to drive it again. So I went and made a sales contract and got it notarized and everything. Doing this proved the car was sold and the girl who bought it registered it the same day.


Well, I faxed in all this proof from overseas and asked for a dismissal. They refused and gave me a continuance so that I could come to court right upon my return to the states. Court was mandated so if I didn’t go they would of suspended my license. Mind you this seemed a little silly to me as I didn’t own the car, but I figured I just needed to show up to get them to dismiss the charges.


So, I still don’t own a car. Took a bike to the light rail in Phoenix to defend my “corporation” from fines.


I stated my case and the officer didn’t argue with anything I said. The judge then said, “blah blah blah, I understand you BUT, blah blah blah still expired”. Then he told me it would be a $653 fine, due immediately and there would be interest and other fees added if I needed time to pay.


I almost shit my pants. I could buy a car, get an emissions test, registration and minimum insurance coverage for that price if I tried hard enough!!!!! I could register a different car every day of the week for half a month for less than $700. It has never been more apparent to me how corrupt the system is than now.


After court I sat in line to get a number, so that I could then be told to stand in a different line. That line then put me in a different line where I was given a piece of paper so they could “assess what payments I could make” and then when I got done filling that out I had to stand in 2 other lines again, followed by one more where i picked a number and waited to pay my minimum of $20 required today.


In the many lines I heard many people trying to explain to people behind a counter that they had taken the time out of their day to come down to the court to try to get an extension on a payment. Then I would hear the people behind the counter telling them that they had a maximum of 4 days or else a warrant would be put out on them. Beyond this terrible show of power there were other people yelling about extortion (which I fully agreed with) and all sorts of other ridiculousness caused by the system.


We need to stop putting up with this crap. This is the world we are part of. We need to make a stand. I am not advocating fighting and war as that is part of the terrible system we are already integrated into. I am instead trying to get each person out there with a bit of compassion to stop supporting these systems.


We allow a government to rule us that we all know is corrupt. We allow them to make laws that criminalize everybody except them. You are raised to believe that everything is black and white or good and bad but nothing is that clear. The justice system we have in place only serves itself as do the corporations and the government (which has actually stopped hiding it and has just outright admitted that they own the banks and the banks own them).


I will very soon be launching a draft of a new idea to help change this rotten system into something beautiful, but I cannot be alone in my cause. You do not need to wait for me to finish my plans, you can actively work towards your own goals. The world is not unsavable, you simply need to know what you want and tell everybody else around you that they should go for what they want as well. Stop banking at government controlled institutions. Stop voting on leaders from the 2 party illusion. Stop watching the news. Stop discriminating against people, as you were taught to look for differences in others. Instead look for similarities and find common ground. We are all connected, and this world has to support us all. It’s a long broken system and we now have the technology to build a new one that take everybody into account.


Do not protest against corruption and evil, for there is virtually no end to it. We are surrounded by fear and nasty things like what I have written above that will depress you. This is not to say you should not see the corruption. It is vitally important that you understand how rotten it is, for we put up with a lot of shit. Wake up and break the cycle. We all need to stop being enslaved by systems that do not benefit us.


There is no democrat/republican/communist/christian/muslim/jewish/black/white/asian/terrorist plot out to get you. We are taught to be separate, to feel alone. To think just for ourselves. Sure we all have our own beliefs, perspective and our own life purpose but there is no reason why we can’t all get along. We all live on the same world and when we improve the world around us even if only a little bit, it improves drastically for all of us. Life improves when we help each other and not when we screw each other.

Wake up! Tell your friends, tell your family, your co-workers, your online community. Tell them that together we can all fix this. We can make a world grow instead of die. We can love each other instead of stabbing them in the back. We can be the change that we want in the world.

No comments: